After several years of research and development efforts, Weber Medical is finally able to introduce the first yellow laser worldwide for the use in intravenous and interstitial laser therapy. So far, a yellow laser with 5mW 589nm is ready to be used in intravenous treatments while the one with 50mW 589nm can be used for interstitial treatments. The new modules can be connected to all Weber Medical ‘endolaser’ devices without any problems. Both power and frequency can be adjusted individually.
What is the yellow laser good for?
- after the development of red, infrared, green and blue lasers, yellow was the last missing prismatic color
- yellow additionally stimulates the mitochondrial respiratory chain at complex II (cytochromes)
- yellow has an detoxifying effect
- yellow has an anti- depressive effect
New findings/ indicators:
- The yellow laser stimulates the strongest natural photosensitizer – Hypericin out of St. Johns wort – and is therefore the most efficient laser in photodynamic cancer therapy.
- Combined with Hypericin, yellow lasers are applicable for the treatment of viral and chronical bacterial infections.
- A broad range of studies shows that anti- depressive effects of Hypericin can be strengthened significantly once the impact of Hypericin is enhanced by yellow lasers. Immediate improvements of patient’s sense of well- being have been observed.
- The broad theoretical knowledge about the application opportunities of Hypericin can now be implemented in practice.